Feed my Soul 餵養心靈

My soul hungered; and I kneeled down before my Maker, and I cried unto Him in mighty prayer and supplication for mine own soul; and all the day long did I cry unto Him; yea, and when the night came I did still raise my voice high that it reached the heavens. (Enos 1:4)

星期一, 3月 06, 2006

My Big Brother's Mission


I remember the day my brother left
The tears that filled my eyes
The respect I had for the things he taught
Made it hard to say goodbye

I told him I loved him and wished him well,
And watched him walk out the door.
I was confused about the things I felt,
For I had not felt them before.

Soon my tears turned to smiles as I waited each day
To hear about my brother’s success.
He said many listened but others did not.
So pray and wish me your best.

We prayed for my brother to find all the people
Who would truly follow him.
But as many would follow and heed on his words
Would unknowingly fall back to sin.

Being just a young boy I asked my brother,
“Why these people could not understand?”
He gently replied in his soft loving voice,
“They don’t understand who I am.”

My brother continued to teach all the people
Though their hatred for him ever grew.
Then they stopped him, and beat him, and bound him with cords
And questioned “What should we do?”

They took him before a court to be judged
By people with hearts full of lies.
They testified against my big brother.
As a sentence they condemned him to die.

I could not understand this decision they made.
Why must my big brother die?
I ran to my father to comfort me,
Only to see a tear in his eye.

I fought through the tears to question why
My big brother must suffer this way.
With love and affection my father said,
“To allow you to come back some day.”

A long time has passed but I cannot forget
The way in which my brother died.
He was nailed to a cross and lifted up
As a suffering silhouette in the sky.

My father then took me aside in his arms
With a stern voice but ever too soft.
He asked me to show my brother my love
And begin in the place he left off.

Anonymous

0 Comments:

發佈留言

<< Home